Hotwire rescued a Bosse Tools, a successfully Kickstarter funded startup, from a failed product design by a highly rated California design and engineering firm. We then expanded our role to include manufacturing liaison, sustaining engineering, marketing and business development.
Bosse’s snow shovel became a “Hot New Release” on Amazon upon its introduction and its commercial market products have been purchased by the biggest companies in their industries including the likes of McCarthy Construction, Republic Waste Services and Pacific Gas and Electric.
Most recently Hotwire spearheaded the licensing of Bosse’s technology to one of the largest tool manufacturers in North America – expect to see shovels with Bosse’s unique ergonomic design big box hardware stores soon.
- Successfully re-engineered failed rotating handle design
- Identified & engaged with overseas tier 1 head and shaft sub-suppliers
- Cost effectively placed product into production at overseas supplier
- Re-defined product strategy to focus on commercial, worker-safety
- Development of stragety, presentations, collateral and positioning
- Licensed Bosse IP to leading North American tool brand/mfr.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Product Development – prototype, factory selection & mfr. liaison
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Marketing – product positioning & definition, pricing, strategy
- Business Development – commercial channel focus on utilities, construction, landscaping, snow removal, waste removal and technology licensing
- Graphic Design – product packaging, sales collateral & website