Hotwire endeavored to address one of the inherent shortcomings of laptop design, namely excessive heat build-up and poor lap-use ergonomics.
In the process we created a foundational set of cooling pad/stand patents and forged merchandising relationships with key retailers such as BJ’s Wholesale, CompUSA, Staples and QVC to sell the products.
Ultimately, after validating the market with successful sales of our own branded products, Hotwire struck technology licensing agreements with Belkin & Microsoft.
Today, cooling and ergonomic products using our intellectual property and designs can be found in major consumer electronics retail locations world-wide.
- CES Design and Engineering Innovations Award
- Awarded 4 U.S. Patents with multiple additional patents pending
- Licensing partnerships with Belkin & Microsoft
- World-wide retail product placement
- + 1 million unit annual volumes
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Product Development – patents, prototyping & performance validation
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Marketing – product positioning & product strategy, channel sales
- Business Development – licensing agreements & retail channel sales
- Graphic Design – retail packaging, collateral, website